Sunday, May 1, 2011

A trophy, a princess, and a cesspool

A very wise and witty friend of mine mentioned how ironic the title of "Stay At Home Mom" really is. Stay home? God, I wish. Just for part of the day- ANY day. Friday was our IEP meeting. Actually I would go so far as to say it wasn't so bad. It lasted about 3 hours which is a new SHORT record for me! I always suggest they block out about 4 hours for me, minimum. Momma gots a few things to say. :) There were no huge surprises, just a few disagreements on wording (as usual) and a few things that are rubbing me the wrong way regarding the actual placement (teacher/aides) for next year. I have a good feeling it will all work out (although I know better than to say that as I probably just cursed myself..grrr).

Saturday was insanely busy. It was Neve's last soccer game of the season.. Little Miss Number Three.

She did a pretty good job getting out there this week without too many DIVA moments.


I believe this patented move is called, "The Hitchhiker". She IS on a team with all boys. This will pay off someday we hope (or she ends up in clear heels- one or the other).

She also has a crazy high kick. Perhaps we can pimp her out for a girl PUNTER scholarship- do they exist?

..or maybe a Rockette? Either way, she was rockin for a three year old, no???

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!


..and this is the face we see when she DOESN'T score. Pitiful. lol.

She got her medal and trophy from Coach Joe and she was quite the happy camper.

Then after soccer it was off to the Ball. Cinderella was playing at the Children's Theater here so we planned up a girly afternoon with friends.

Neve and her adorable, sweet, little friend.

The girls did great for the show. Afterwards you could meet the cast and take pictures- BUT the girls were getting grumpy, Neve was throwing a tantrum, so we headed off to Oregano's. Delicious!!!!
THEN (no rest for the weary) we headed off to a place called Peter Piper Pizza for the end of soccer season party. Ok, we had Chuck E. Cheese back home, but good lord this place takes the cake. Ha! These places make my skin crawl- ya know, the same feeling you get when you are at Walmart??! Yuck. Oh well- we threw caution (and good sanitary practices) to the wind and let loose.


Nate survived (and LOVED) the seizure inducing motorcycle ride (I know, parents of the year over here).
...and Nateman hit the jackpot on some spinning light game. It's really not fair - I mean spinning lights are his forte. It's like counting cards in Vegas. ha!

A good time was had by all - and then we loaded them in the car to get home so we could dip them in bleach. Ahhh...I am afraid this is the schedule from now on. I better start drinking my Ensure so I can keep up. I'm not getting any younger.


No comments: