Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Rapture

The countdown is on. The Rapture and the end of the world would actually be preferred to the end of school. (maybe then I wouldn't have to read FB posts of people saying how cute it is that their 2 yr old daughter burped and said, "It was Jesus in me!" (true story).lol. I kid. well, sort of.).
Nate has a day and a half left of Kindergarten and then school's out for summer! Do other parents dread this? I know I do. I actually have nightmares about it. Sometimes I wish my summer would be long days at the pool, watching the kids run around in the back with their friends, and BBQs. ...BUT that's not the hand I was dealt. Nateman thrives in a school/therapy setting. THAT makes sense to him. Free time does NOT. Not even close. Weekends are a struggle for that very reason, but we have Dad home then. Summer is mostly all me. Gulp. I am just psyching myself up by saying that it is what it is, just surrender to horribleness for 2.5 months and then it will get better.

Neve started gym camp today(thank you Grammy and Grampy!!) and had such a great time. One of her friends from school is joining her and she was so excited to have her there today. I love watching her form these little friendships at this age. Very very sweet. The camp was themed WILD WEST this week and they made cute little laminated placemats with their photos on them. I watched all the other parents get their child's picture handed to them, and then came mine. Lordy. I don't know why I expected anything different. Every class has ONE, right? lol.


In Nateman news, we are still waiting on IEP verdict. We did hear that 50% of our request has been approved, although I won't believe that until it is actually in black in white. The other 50% hasn't been denied, just no word on that yet. Tick tock.
Nate has another DAN! doctor appointment this Friday. Reading the latest bloodwork this time.We are still getting into the groove with our new doc out here..and it also is spread out due to finances. It's hard to shell out 250$/hr every month for a couple hour appointment so we have to spread out our visits. UGH. Thankfully Grandparents jump in now and then to help out with some of the visits, testing, or even other things for Neve so we are ABLE to spend this on Nate. I have never regretted my decision to stay home with Nate, but times like this make it impossible with one income and Aaron's ENORMOUS undergrad/grad school debt that unfortunately I acquired when we married. My kids pay that debt as well too. Oh well. Onward. I would rather die than put Nate in day care and watch him "just get though the day". Makes my heart sink when I see it happen all too often with parents of Autistic kiddos, so I be thankful for being able to spend so much time with Nate...even if he does drive me batty. :)

No comments: