Monday, May 30, 2011

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

I truly regret our decision to move to Arizona, for the schools alone. The schools are so ass backwards here. They are trying to sell us their crazy ideas and pass them off as law...I'm not buying. I can't even read their intentions quite yet. Are they hoping we will just say, "Huh. Oh well!",  and walk away? Not frickin likely. The district denied all of our requests. They even tried to make their shit shine in the form of "rewording" some of Nate's services. Ha! Nice try. All of this came down from the District's head of Autism. So I guess the only question that remains is, "Who's above YOU?". ....and then we keep on squeaking. It was a little different in Ohio. I was able to go straight to the Superintendent for a review and could bypass all the mediation bullshit. I don't know if that is possible here in Arizona, but now my quest begins. We have calls in to advocates for assistance with special needs lawyers, so we have that cookin. In the meantime, we called another meeting. I honestly don't think anything will come of it AT ALL, but if someone is gonna hand me a steaming pile of crap and tell me that's what my son needs, then they need to tell me to my face. I have some wonderful questions to throw back. We are in for a LONG summer. yay! :(

Anyway, we tried to block all of that out and just enjoy the weekend. It's still disgustingly hot here in Hell Phoenix, and it's only getting worse. We had lots of indoor bounce time, trips to the pool, and today we went to the train park. The train parks here are so fun. We are lucky enough to have 3 of them here in the East Valley. There is a large covered playground, a splashpad, a carousel, a duck pond, and a train. I am pretty sure the kids could ride that carousel forever. I am counting down the days til they can do THAT alone. Mama doesn't spin so well anymore. hahahahha



Tomorrow Neve is headed back to gym camp, and Nateman has therapy. We still have 2 weeks until Nate's school camp starts. Good times. Not quite sure how I will entertain him tomorrow while Neve is at her camp..time to get creative. :)

No comments: