Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hangin' with my PEEPS


Happy Easter! I thought we were gonna skip visiting "The Bunny" this year, but Neve seemed excited for it so I took just her. Nate went with Dad to get a haircut- which is probably the best thing since he would NOT dig the Bunny. Just not his thing and that's cool. :)
She did really well and sat on his lap just fine...and then when they took her picture she did this scrunched up neck thing. lol. Funny. She liked it though and wondered why he wore glasses like her Grandma and Magenta from Blues Clues. Well I suppose one would THINK his vision would be superb after eating all those carrots...



I am going to load the rest of the pics (probably tomorrow) here if you want to check them out...
Today we headed out to my mom's house which is on the other side of Phoenix- about an hour drive with no traffic.

Mom was in charge on the egg hunt- which is hilarious in itself. My only REAL Easter memory I have from my childhood involved a botched egg hunt at my parent's house. They hid chocolate filled eggs all over the yard before church and when we got home it was time to find them. Instead we came home from church to find a gazillion black squirrels in our backyard nibbling on a buffet of chocolates. The yard was full of  Easter carnage- bright colored eggs and tin foil chocolate wrappers galore. I'm sure Brett just shrugged and went inside, where I am scarred to this day. I guess that explains a lot. ha! Anyway, I digress....back to the hunt. Mom, Aunt Cindy and Uncle Steve, and mom's friend Susan, were there and the kids found eggs on mom's back patio and then followed a trail of eggs down to the neighbors yard. They found their Easter baskets and goodies there. Nate's favorite was his Handy Dandy Notebook (from Blues Clues) that I made him, and Neve's favorite was her new big girl bike (complete with seat on the back for her Easter Bunny).



No comments: