Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yahd Sale!


I hate friggin yard sales. If you know me, you know this. I hate GOING to them, or even consignment shops, and buying people's old shit. I can't explain why it is so awful to me, it just is. I hate the smells, the freaky people, and did I mention the smells?  My old roomie was a garage sale junkie and just LOVED them. Vintage was her bag..but oh no, not me my friends. Thankfully, I am not going to any this weekend BUT, the time has come to throw my own garage sale. My garage is actually overflowing and I can't even park my car in the 3rd bay comfortably. SO, Miss Neve is headed off to Grandma's for a couple nights, and I am entering the garage sale world in hopes of unloading some stuff. One day only..then it all gets donated. anyway, that's the exciting news around here lately. ha!

Nate survived his first week of summer school camp. he did fine..but it made Aaron and I nervous as hell. It's this tiny drop off area with 50 thousand special needs kids with ALL types of disabilities..they are mostly confused and there are wheelchairs flying around with kids breaking free..seriously, crazy stuff. I have been lovingly calling it the loony bin because of the madness that ensues every day at drop off and pickup. It's beyond accurate description. All I know is that Aaron or I drop off Nate into the HAND of the aide and watch him walk down until the door CLOSES to his room and I know he is safe..THEN we get back in the car and pray to Jebus that we don't hit any stray kids in the parking lot. It's so dang stressful!!!

Neve went back to school camp this week and had a blast. It was Fizz, Bang, Bubble Week and she made vinegar/baking soda volcanoes and all that cool stuff. BUT, we did find out some horrible news. Neve's recently rekindled "Summer Lovin'" with her boyfriend, Logan, is coming to an end. Logan is moving to Iowa. Kinda puts a damper on the relationship. Oh well. I am pretty sure he wasn't good enough for her anyway..I mean, he can't even tie his shoes. Ya know?

Besides that, the days have been filled with...

wrestling


and more wrestling

...and then Dad got involved


followed by the Portnoy standard: dual magnadoodles in front of the Wiggles. shoot me now.

8 more weeks to go....

1 comment:

dluvscoke said...

This is hilarious. :)

I found you through NetworkedBlogs and am now following. I have a son with autism. Please check out my site when you get a chance and let me know if you'd like to exchange links on our blogrolls.