Saturday, June 18, 2011

I never knew how much I loved your father until I saw how much he loved you

Father's Day.
Well, of course I am not a huge fan of this day- just reminds me of what I am missing with my Dad..and picturing how things COULD have been.

I am adopted. That is no secret. ..but I can't even imagine anyone loving me more than my Dad. He wanted me more than anything and it showed in everything he did and in everything he said. I was spoiled. I was rotten. I was HIS. I had the cool Dad..and no, I don't mean the dad that sat around and drank beer with me..I mean the dad that everyone in my neighborhood WISHED they had. He actually spent every moment he could PLAYING with us. He would round up the neighborhood kiddos and we would all bike down to Friendly's for ice cream..or he would take us to Kent State and bike around campus....or take us all to Leisure Time DAY after DAY ...or he would take us ALL on skiing trips to New York...my list could go on and on. My Dad was the ONLY Dad I knew that did this stuff. Really, he was. he never said he had too much work to do..or couldn't make a game or recital because he was too busy. He ALWAYS was present and a part of it EVERY second of it.

This is the day I met my family. I was a few days old and left the hospital with my Mom , Dad, and brother.

I am eternally grateful that he chose to be my Dad. He showed me what a Dad really looks like..and guess what? I married a man who became that same kind of Dad. That was no coincidence.

My kids did get screwed in some aspects though- they could have had this awesome hands on Grandpa in their daily lives. I can only picture how life changing that would have been for all of us. But Nate and Neve really did hit the jackpot with their Daddy...and yes, so did I.







To My Husband,

Thanks for showing me everyday what a hands on amazing Dad looks like. You make it look easy and you have never ending patience with our demon spawn. You deserve more than a public thank you..and I would give it to you if I could..but instead I give you two pretty darn cute kids that look up to you and love you more than anything. Happy Father's Day.  Love, Wifey

No comments: