Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ready to Rumble....

Nate had a great weekend. He had Little Gym on Saturday and it was the FIRST class where he didn't cry AT ALL- zero breakdowns!!! WOo-hoo!! I was so proud of him. He was happy and running around like a madman. I also have "figured out" that another little boy in his class is on the spectrum. I am slowly starting to talk to his mom as I am pretty sure she thinks I am a stalker as it is..lol....but I know her son is attending the school I am considering for Nateman so she would be such a valuable resource.
Nate also started making a new consonant sound- the "guh" sound. We are hoping it might be the start of "GO" which we say all the time and try to prompt him with. We shall see......
So tomorrow is Neve's 2 month appointment and I have my "presentation" ready. I am creating a (guided) alternative vaccination schedule. Let me say I am NOT anti-vaccinations. I am not saying that vaccinations cause Autism anymore than Cheetos do....I really doubt we will know in my lifetime, but it does just make SENSE that overloading their little bodies all at once with all that crap can't be good. Especially when we have a history now of Autism in the family as well as MS. I am expecting a fight though. I do not know our pediatrician's stand is on this matter. Tomorrow will be the big discussion. My girlfriend suggested something to her ped and the ped walked out of the room refusing to discuss it further. I would have found another pediatrician IMMEDIATELY- and that's probably what I will do if my current ped tries to dictate what I MUST do for my child. SO.....I am bringing a proposal, if you will, of what I have planned....but I am also gonna throw a pair of boxing gloves in the diaper bag just in case. I dare ya, Doc.

No comments: