Friday, February 29, 2008

Therapeutic Listening


Nate's occupational therapist has suggested we try Therapuetic Listening. http://www.vitallinks.net/index.shtml ...so we are gonna give it a whirl. It really is just indtrumental music while he is playing and it does seem to help his concentration. It was funny- our therapist said, "Now don't worry- I know I promised you I wouldn't bring over any heebie-jeebie tools and methods for Nate.". LOL...I told her she can hit him from whatever angle she wants as long as she doesn't feed him or inject him with anything!! We are open to trying almost anything if it can help our guy learn new skills.
Nate has been doing great this week with his puzzles and piggy bank. These are both great for gaining fine motor skills. He also has been stacking things (a skill he lost or refused to do) and playing 2-3 steps games.
We finally have a concrete date for our DAN! doctor visit (instead of just phone consults). July 30th is the date. I can't wait to get him tested for ALL KINDS of things and find out what poisons are in his little body. I am prepared to be shocked as I feel really strongly about this.
He is off to speech therapy today- if we can make it there with all the snow!

No comments: