Monday, September 12, 2011

Mom: "Neve, you have pinkeye." Neve: "Pinkeye? Great! I luuuuuuuv pink!"

Loooooong week and weekend but tomorrow is back to business. Aaron was in Seattle for the week and then Miss Thang got pinkeye. Good times. :)  It's funny because by Friday morning I had reached my limit with the kids so after dropping Nate off at school I headed to the gym and put her in the gym play center. Please note that this is the first time, EVER, that I have ever done this. Waaaaaaay out of my comfort zone...BUT I needed a break before I exploded at my kids so it is what it is. Neve also ALWAYS asks when she can go in there (when we are at the pool there), so why the hell not?  So I suppose a big ol' YOU'RE WELCOME goes out to the Gilbert area and all of those that we infected with the dreaded pinkeye. OOPS. Mother of the year over here.
I had the camera out on Friday so I tried to snap a few pics of Nate as we were leaving for school. He wanted NOTHING to do with it.

Nate carrying his "talker".


Then he flashed me what I assume is an offensive East Valley gang sign that he learned from those punks at his school. ;)
...and with that he was COMPLETELY done with my camera. :)


We picked up Nate after school and headed to the pediatrician. Both kids at the doc is also something we never do. Neve is GREAT at the places like that but holding Nate is like trying to hug a feral cat. Every year it gets that much harder as he is quickly outgrowing my hold.

We layed low most of the weekend as to not expose our bacteria ridden daughter to anyone else.. We actually got Nate to engage in some puzzles, family games, and sequencing cards. Yay! We also had some art time...

Nate's painting. Not quite sure what it is but Nate was happy making it. :)


Neve's "house house" :)


Neve's "Duck". Totally independent too except I called out the letters from the kitchen for how to spell , "duck".


Nate's dot marker "boat" and "flower".


Neve's family picture. I inquired as to why we had antennae, but she informed me they were ears. duh, mom.


some of Neve's "food group" art project we started.

...and this was from last week but I had to post it here as this is really written as a memory book for our family.
Glenn the cat. Taking one for the team. :)




No comments: