Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Light My Fire...Cracker

We actually threw caution to the wind and ventured out for our first family fireworks trip. Aaron and I haven't actually gone to see fireworks in 6 years so it was nice to do it!! We, of course, worried and speculated on how Nate would handle it all. The loudness, the people, the WAITING, the overstimulation, etc.  Plus the show here in town started at 8:30, which is already 2 hours past their bedtime..
 I am happy to report it all went really well!!


First Bomb Pop. She had a nice sugar buzz going.

Please notice the lovely port-a-potties in the background. I will give myself an "F" for composition. lol.



We went to the local city.church show and had an hour or so to kill before the show started. They had music playing and the kiddos had popsicles, sno cones, and played with the glow sticks and beach balls.




Nateman was definitely overstimulated with noises and plugged his ears a lot.


It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...more waiting.

Finally the show started and for the most part it was a complete success. I didn't get any pictures of the actual show as Nate was jumping and cheering in front of me so I had to be on duty and keep helping him sit back down. Aaron and I just laughed - the kid loved it..he was stimming and flapping so hard I seriously thought he might take flight. ha!
Neve loved it too. She kept alternating between saying, "This is my favorite thing ever!"...to, "Can we go home now?". hahaha. She was really tired by the time the show started.

We made it back safely to the car before the dust storm hit. It was of course a mad house getting out of the church parking lot and both kiddos were sawin' logs before we even left the site. Everyone was a bit cranky this morning but I would call it a success. Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: