Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

We did it! We survived our very first real family vacation! I didn't think it was possible.
We drove to CA and the drive couldn't have gone smoother. The kids were ANGELS and so very well behaved. We pulled in a little before dinner time...and it didn't take Neve long to settle in.

Then we headed off to Downtown Disney and had dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

The kids were up at 4:30ish (ugh) but Aaron and I had gone to bed super early (in preparation) so it was no big deal. They were so excited to hit the parks!


The next pic is my favorite as it shows my little "angels" fighting before we ever even went in. hahahhaha...reminds me of me and my brother. :)


Neve was excited to push Nateman in the stroller. :)


"I got to meet Mickey! I got to meet the Mouse!"




Dumbo was by far Nate's favorite ride and was actually asking for it by name. How do you say no to that???? ...so we rode Dumbo about 8 times. :)

Then we met up with Aaron's Dad and Mom...a HUGE treat for the kids (especially Neve). They LOVE seeing their grandparents and run to them instantly.

I love this picture of Aaron, his dad, and the kids.


I love how Neve's got her arms up letting Grammy and Grampy do the work!


OK, this story is going to sound completely contrived, but I swear it's true (you can ask my in-laws). This is a picture of Snow White's wishing well. Neve was really into it and thought it was so neat. She dropped her coin in and we told her to make a wish. She did and I asked her what she wished for...she said, "I wished Snow White would come". I kid you not, Snow White came strolling up behind her. Could we have possible timed that any better if we tried?!?

Neve also got to meet the Fairy Godmother (while Aaron took Nate for another spin on Dumbo).

This was from the Jungle Cruise. I love this picture of my guys!!

Neve wasn't so sure about the hippos on the cruise...she stayed extra close to Grammy. :)

Me and a not-so-happy Nateman. It was REALLY hot by this time of day.

The kids loved the parade that afternoon as well. Thanks to Grammy and Grampy securing our spots, we had prime seats for the show. :)



After the parade we had dinner at the park then headed back to the hotel so we could rest up for Disney Day 2! We took 400+ pictures on our trip- so these are just a few as I load more! I will also post ALL of the pics on our Shutterfly page when I am done (for our family and such)....and next I will post our Day 2 adventures here. :) Stay tuned!








 





No comments: