Friday, November 2, 2012

Down on the Farm

Kindergarten field trip day. 132 Kindergartners. Oy.
Overall, it was tons of fun. I have some huge issues with the way their school runs things (such as having someone's Dad, that the other children have never met, alone with 3 other little girls ALL day on an enormous farm). Seriously..the more I think about it, the angrier I get. It was an unstructured trip- meaning you were NOT with your class or teachers all day and on your own with "your" kids you were in charge of. None of this info was relayed to parents..I am sure they had NO idea and assumed their child was being watched by their teacher. Nothing like having a man (or woman!), that hasn't been background checked and is NOT an employee of the school, alone for multiple hours on a farm with a few 4-6 year old girls. Gross. They are in charge of lunch, bathroom (and "my" girls DID need assistance), etc...and there are TONS of places to wander off on that farm.
ANYway, I am sure I won't let that go. :) AND it's a damn good thing I can chaperone all field trips myself.
I digress. :) Back to the farm. Well damn skippy Neve was in MY group..and we had her little friends with us too so she was happy as a clam. It was Neve's first school bus ride too so she was super excited for that alone!
Neve's best school friend is Kristina, the girl with the dark hair next to her.
 
This is Neve's teacher, Mrs. Smith. Her regular teacher is on maternity leave for another month. Neve loves Mrs. Smith. :)
 
The bus ride back to school- we made it! :)
 
Meanwhile, back at the elementary school, Nate was having his "Halloween party" with his class and I made it back just in time to pop in and spend time with his class too.
Nate's Autism class went door to door to the classrooms to trick or treat.
 
I rarely pop in Nate's class during the day as it really stirs him up. He kept taking off running down the hallways..lol..well I guess he DOES have a cape on. :)
 
Nate's scarecrow he made.
 
Nate with his teacher, Mrs. Tan.
 
Ok, I think that covers Halloween festivities! Oh wait, I still have pumpkin patch..and Disney pics too. Guess I better get with it! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: