Friday, March 25, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep (Why do I always say that in my head using the creepy Metallica voice??)

Spring Break here still- well at least for 3 of us. Nateman is back at school. I had hoped to get my 12 page list of to-do's completed while Aaron is home but time is running out. Oh well- the house is better than it was! Today I attempted to tackle the kids' rooms and at least plan what else needs to be done in there for them.
First up is Neve's room. She LOVES her "Owl Room" and looks forward to climbing into her owl sheets every night. ..and if there are any "decorators" out there- I need ideas for what to hang from her quilt rack rod? frames? birds? I just can't think...  ANother thing I would LIKE to do is have a window seat cushion custom made to match her decor... maybe I can have my mom ask around in retirementland to find some old biddy that sews. :)
...and let me tell you how awesome (albeit UGLY) Neve's wake-up clock is. The bottom "sleeping cow" is illuminated when she is sleeping and then instead of an alarm clock, the "playing cow" is illuminated at whatever time we set it for. LOVE THIS! How great for a kid that can't quite tell time and it has eliminated the, "DAD! MOM! What time is it? Is it wake-up time?!".

Next up is Nateman's room. He has the same "Alphabet" theme from Ohio. He still really likes learning about his letters and such so we will keep it for another year or so and then let him help pick a more grown up boy theme.


No comments: