Thursday, October 14, 2010

No, Virginia, there is no Halloween...

Well we have been in our house now for a month or so...and haven't made much progress with it, lol. Nothing that we have seems to FIT. :( oh well..that just means I get to shop!!
School has been better the past week or so for Nate. Well, he is actually on Fall Break right now (which is INCREDIBLY hard on him AND us!) but the week before break went well. We "won" our fight with theschool district regarding Nate's IEP and overall safety. He will now have an aide as well as numerous one on one therapies a week. I mean, here is what it comes down to, if you ask me. My son is. for all intensive purposes, non-verbal. He has no real words of his own. Yes, he can label and yes he can script (and I am incredibly grateful as he has such an amazing voice) but the functional communication is not there...and until that day comes, he will receive every ounce of speech therapy I can squeeze out of the district. He will now receive 3 sessions of speech, on different days, of one on one therapy in addition to all of the group sessions he receieves. I am happy with this. For now, lol. ...and this is just in the area of speech therapy. Don't get me starte don the rest. :)
Anyway- we won. They caved on all issues and agreed with my requests (see:demands).woot woot!
Nate also has stopped getting hurt at school. Finally. He still has scars on his face from Lil' Wolverine, but he will survive. It gives him street cred.
On to Miss Neve. She is still doing great. Her new thing is that she has renamed our entire family. We all live in Gabbaland now. She is Muno. I am Foofa. Nate is Brobee. Aaron is Plex. Grandma is Toodee. ..and of course Glenn the cat is DJ Lance Rock. SHE named us all and it's pretty funny. I love her little imagination. Here are some fun pics of her fromteh other day. She liked gettingher picture taken and Nateman doens't. :( I wish I could get more pics of my handsome guy, but I hate torturing him. He whines when the camera comes out so I stop pushing it. Anyway, in case you were wondering why he isn't in many pictures...


Halloween is on the way. Neve is so excited to dress up. Nate just wants to wear normal clothes..so we will do our best. :)
Our neighborhood is beyond lame. It is an LDS neighborhood that refuses to celebrate Halloween as it falls on a Sunday. Lovely. I am not really sure what our backup plan is yet. Maybe we should hit up Leisure World (aka Seizure World), which is the retirement community near us. I am out of options. I used to love Halloween. We miss home.


No comments: