Monday, September 7, 2009

Looking for a Rocket ship....

So I think we have finally come to a decision to move forward with Hyperbarics. Aaron and I have been debating the pros and cons for years and wondering how the heck we can pull this off , both financially as well as logistically. Nate's DAN doctor is about 20+ minutes form our house and there is no way we can get there every day, especially not multiple times in a day.SO, here is what we are thinking. The HBOT (the rocket ship as I like to call it) costs appx 3000$/month to rent and about 20,000$ to buy. 20 grand is less than a car. If someone told me that if I buy Nate a Honda Civic he might improve dramatically health wise, would I not buy it? OF COURSE I WOULD!
So I think what it comes down to is that we rent it for a month...and here's the kicker: WE NEED TO BE WILLING TO THROW AWAY $3000. We know that Nate may not respond at ALL to this and that is a very real possibility. Fine. I will know that we gave it a try. BUT-WHAT IF, my baby, comes out and talks? what if he is more aware? what if it helps him potty train? what if, what if? what if? I can't sit around and worry about debt. We are in debt. Our child has extreme medical needs. I need to get over it. That is reality for us..so what's another 20K?
This week we will research it more and try to make plans. I have no idea how this will all work out, but my mind is fixed on it now...so look out. :)
The Portnoys are buying a Rocket ship!

No comments: