Saturday, September 19, 2009

Here a goat, there a goat, everywhere a .......

Today was the Autism Harvest Festival at Leeds Farm here in North Columbus. It was an event hosted by an autism mom- her family owns the farm. they opened up at the crack of dawn to invite autism kiddos and their families to come and play for free- and they also had vendor set up with autism resources in our community. It was a great event and a great turnout! It was awesome to see that many families come together but disgustingly sad at the same time. Why is this happening to SO many families? Why do people turn a blind eye and assume it won't be their kiddo. Last week I sat around and thought (which I do TOO much of) about WHAT things I wish I had known before Nate was born..and the list is staggering. BUT that is a post for another day. If anyone ever wants my opinion on this, let me know. If you know me at all, my opinion is not something that is EVER hidden. :) I am a take it or leave it kinda gal...lol.
ANYWAY- back to the livestock.
Neve had a blast with the goats,cow, bunnies, donkey, etc..- and we even got Nate to attempt touching.









Then Nate rocked the Pumpkin Jump which was this huge bounce thing that Nate was drawn to like a magnet. I couldn't pull the kid away. (Neve was too small to jump).







....and then my futile attempt at brother/sister pics..lol. I know I 'll get some when we hit the pumpkin patch next month. :)




Miss Neve just wasn't feelin' the Nate T. Love today. :(



No comments: