Monday, February 16, 2009

You gonna finish that?

Well the last few weeks have certainly had their ups and downs. Nate has been trying to control his ABA therapy sessions by having massive tantrums. Aaron and I willing to bet that Nate is going through his terrible twos- at age 3 1/2. Fun, fun. I really felt awful for the students working with him because I KNOW firsthand how hard (ok, more like impossible) it is to force a headstrong 45 pound kid to do what you want him to. BUT, I am happy to say I think we have finally turned a corner. After weeks of the living with the devil child formerly known as Nate, I think our boy is back.

It is interesting because when I picked Nate up at school last week his teacher's aide came out to tell me that Nate did great at snack time that day and helped set out the plates. She also said that he has seemed really hungry lately and that after he finishes his snack he cruises the table checking out what others have left on their plates! I laughed because this comment was about my son, the boy that is almost completely unaware that a child is sitting next to him, let alone that they have a snack too. I said, " AWESOME!". hehe. Just be aware of the allergens in other kiddo's snacks- but that I DO NOT Think he is hungry- he is just waking up! He is more aware!! yay! We had actually started noticing that at home too so I am glad they picked up on that at school . He is always trying to grab Neve's snack away form her now and he sits in the corner, squatting like Gollum, shoving his "precious" in his mouth before BIG BAD MOM sees him. lol. Gotta love the kid. He makes me laugh.
AND JUST BECAUSE I FIND THIS HILARIOUS, HERE IS THE RANDOM PICTURE OF THE DAY.
NEVE VS. GLENN
(no babies were harmed in the shooting of this picture )

No comments: