Thursday, February 19, 2009

My ferel child

Nate is RARELY unsupervised. He is 3 1/2 years old and I know that his peers have quite a bit more freedom than Nate does. BUT- we just aren't there yet. That being said, yesterday Neve took a longer than usual nap, leaving Nate downstairs with me. He was set up on the office computer watching Backyardigans videos on NOGGIN. I decided he was ok- and I went to the bathroom. I wasn't in there very long, and no, I didn't hear anything unusual. I come out and Nate is not in the office. I check the kitchen and what do I see?? My little monkey with his chin resting on the counter , NOT using his hand I might add, munching on a banana. YEP- peel and all. he had munched through almost all of the first one and was on his way to #2.




I had to laugh. Well, I actually wanted to barf at the thought of eating that, THEN I laughed. We just had a meeting with Nate's biomed doc talking about diet and how we need to avoid skins on fruit and such. lol. Wonder if PEELS count??!? I guess I understand - poor Nate- as I have never shown him how to peel a banana, it always arrives magically cut into bite size portions for him. Guess I will add that to my list. :)

This is Nate's Friendship Quilt from preschool as well. Thought I would share.


No comments: