Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Great Escape

We stayed in Orlando for the rest of our vacation. We got to spend time with my mom's biological family (that I had never met) and had a great time. My mom (like myself) was adopted and met her biological family a few years back thanks to my super sleuthing Internet skills. :) It has been a great experience for her to meet a whole family that welcomed her with loving arms despite the "scandal" surrounding her adoption. It's a shame ALL adoption reunions can't be that way! Such is life, I suppose...



Neve got to meet her great grandmother for the first time! She is 88 years old and looks so much like my mom it was scary. My mom now has a HUGE Lebanese family she never knew before. Glad it worked out- thanks to my meddling!
Neve just wanted to hang in the pool for most of the trip from that point on. She is getting much braver in the pool and I think she'll be full on swimming in no time.



We headed to Downtown Disney on our last day and Neve wanted to go to T-Rex. It's like Rainforest Cafe (except dinosaurs) and they have a Build-A-Dino store which is like Build-A-Bear.



Neve got to build "Super Dino". :)

They also had a "dino dig" out front where the kids could dig for fossils.







After face paintings, ice cream sundaes, souvenir shopping, etc... we headed back to the airport to fly home to good ol' Arizona. Aaron and Nate had a great vacation too- just spending time together. I wished Aaron had taken some pics of Nateman while I was gone..then I realized I took all cameras as well as the ipad with us. oops. :)
Anyway, it was great to get home and see our guys. Neve gave Nate a big stuffed Shamu in the car. Gotta love it.

I loaded all of my pics onto the family page too.

Thanks, Mom, for a fantastic trip!!!!! I love how you make so many special memories with Neve. I have such great memories of my Nana, so I am glad Neve has an amazing grandma too!








No comments: