Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Portnoy Justice League

I really had a hard time deciding what to do for Halloween this year. One of Neve's little friends invited us over to trick-or-treat together, which Neve would have LOVED, but we decided to brave it out at home. It was a school night for one, it started at 6ish which is bedtime for my kiddos, and you know there's always the "Nate issues"-comfort, dogs/allergies, etc.  I suppose at some point we will just go for it, but for this year we played it safe. I am so grateful I have friends that understand and don't STOP asking. :)
Our neighborhood was definitely "better" than last year, but still really not a lot of participation. Maybe every 3rd or 4th house was participating.
I tried to pick/make costumes for them this year as I assumed I would have another year left to be in control of the cutesy costumes...no such luck. The costume catalog came in the mail and it was out of my hands from that point on. Neve saw a girl superhero and she was dead set on it. She has been watching old youtube episodes of 70's Wonder Woman. Neve also picked Nate's costume. It was very sweet..she said, "Nate can Superman because he doesn't wear a mask. I know Nate doesn't like things on his face. " So so sweet.




They both did really great with everything. The only part Nate was bothered by was my taking pictures of them together- which is why he looks annoyed! He did awesome walking around the neighborhood and seemed to get the concept overall. The only thing was that he tried to let himself into everyone's house.hahahha


Neve couldn't wait to run back and show off her loot after each house. :)

We did a lap around the block and then Nate was ready for bed...so he went upstairs and we let Neve stay out and hand out candy to all the late trick or treaters that came. She thought that was awesome.

Overall, a success! I love Halloween!

No comments: